Thursday, July 2, 2009

Product Review: Pocket Doodles For Kids



I was sent a review copy of Pocket Doodles For Kids by Bill Zimmerman recently to try out with my kids. We are always looking for new and exciting things to do when you can't be doing exactly what you want to do. For example, Michael has karate twice a week where Meagan must be a good sport and either watch him or keep herself busy-- perfect time to give this new book a whirl.


The pages inside are great. They are sometimes half-drawn comics that you need to complete, pictures that are started, or ideas for something to draw. It answers the age old question: "What should I draw?" I love that it sparks creativity, and gets them thinking while drawing. We found the pages addictive, moving on to the next one and the next one with excitement.


The book is pocket-sized (as described in its name) so its great to tuck in a bag, glove compartment, or backpack. The book is 272 pages and is available from Amazon.com for $9.99. Some of the pages offer writing or fill-in-the-comics prompts so some pages aren't perfect for the super young-but my 4 and 6 year old both loved it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.