Friday, July 3, 2009

Club Penguin Puffle Round Up Cake


You may remember we did puffle cupcakes for Michael's birthday. This week we did a Club Penguin Cake based on the coin earning game "Puffle Round Up".



Heres a look at what the Puffle Round Up game on Club Penguin looks like.

So the goal of the game is to heard the puffles into the corral before they escape. This would be the basis of design for the cake.



Start with a white frosted sheet cake.


Next add the corral. I used three KitKat bars to form the corral.

Rather than make the puffles flat 2 dimensional icing, I opted to frost munchkins to make the cake 3 dimensional. Frost each munchkin before laying it on the cake. Top each munchkin with 'hair' by using the star tip for the icing. Put some in the corral and some escaping.



Add white frosting for eyes and dot the center of each with black frosting. Draw a black frosting mouth.

Add a tree to the background and dont forge the coins! I used butterscotch disks to represent the gold coins. Fill in any blank sspots with extra white frosting.



9 comments:

Jessica Montena said...

That's so cute - I love it!

||| laura frantz ||| on July 3, 2009 at 10:23 AM said...

All-natural food coloring, of course.

Jenafer on July 3, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

Ummm. no. :) But I was smart here. The puffles are the only thing with food coloring so, my kids can have the cake without a puffle! Im so mean!

Anonymous said...

Awesome

Anonymous said...

I love this cake! It is so creative. I have featured it on my Club Penguin birthday cake page. Thanks for sharing the recipe and instructions. http://hubpages.com/hub/Club-Penguin-Birthday-Cakes

Janet~

Anonymous said...

Very creative puffle idea!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! This is so cute! Thanks!
Valerie

Unknown on August 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM said...

Hi, love the cake. I found your blog after searching for club penguin birthday cake. Nice to stumble upon a fellow home educating mamma! I was just wondering how do you make a munchkin. I live in Glasgow and have never heard of them. Is it a fairy cake like thing?

Stella said...

I also love the cake!!

I have one question though..how did you make the tree?

Susan:
Munchkins are something you can buy from Dunkin' Donuts stores, but are basically the dough that the bakers cut out when making donuts. They are specially made, though...you could try making them yourself but I'm not sure how. Maybe you could find tutorials online?

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.