Thursday, July 23, 2009

Extended Weekend Getaway



This weekend is a big party fest for us. We will be traveling to the Poconos to attend a family reunion (the first of its kind) to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. This will be a chance for many of the great-grandkids to meet each other for the first time. There will be BBQ, fishing, floating on the lake, glowsticks, and a whole lot of fun. Additionally, Saturday is my 11th wedding anniversery. Wow, 11 years married...who'd a-thunk it?

We decided inorder to make the trip super comfortable and ease the guest overload at my aunt's lakehouse, to rent an RV--plus we have really just been waiting for an excuse to do so. Since we planned this I have not been able to get the song from National Lampoons Vacation, "Holiday Road" out of my head or stop thinking of good old Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation and his RV. I promise to be a bit more high-brow than he was.




After the reunion we decided to add on a day at Sesame Place- the first time we have been there in three years. Meg has no memory of being there and Michael should be ready to do many of the slides himself! Should be great and so far (fingers crossed) the weather looks good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who will be driving that rig?!

Jenafer on July 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM said...

Not me :)

Staci A on July 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM said...

I hope you have a great time! And happy anniversary!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings on July 26, 2009 at 1:22 AM said...

Wow -- that sounds like fun! I have always wondered about renting an RV. I think I would be too nervous having my husband drive it though, but I wouldn't want to either. LOL

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.