Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family Reunion Vacation


We gathered in the Poconos at my aunt's house on the lake for our family reunion.

Our first night there we spent down on their dock while my uncle set off fireworks for the family. We climbed the rocks, sipped on cold beer, and settled in for a warm evening on the lake.


Day 2 was all about the boats, the fish, and the sun.


My grandmother celebrated her 90th birthday and got to have all of her great-grandchildren in the room with her for the first time.

Here are the original 6 cousins in the top row with spouses and children below. My how we have multiplied!


The kids all made fast friends with their second cousins, many of whom met for the first time at this event.


The kids were sad to leave, as were we having had a fantastic weekend with all!

8 comments:

Christine Medifast on July 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

Family reunions are always tons of fun. I have mine on August 8th and the whole crew is coming from all over the world. My grandfather's 80th birthday so it's going to be a big deal. I love family reunions, even though we all have that one family member that is completely out there :)

Jenafer on July 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM said...

hmmm that "one person" that could be me. Maybe....

auntrene on July 30, 2009 at 10:41 AM said...

I love Family Reunions.. I also love the Poconos. My family reunion is held about 1 hour from the Poconos.. maybe a wee bit further.
It is this weekend and I am sad that I will not be going. I have 33 first cousins there.. plus us six kids my grandmother had 39 grandkids. Our reunion numbers are usually close to 200.
I am having a staycation at home instead as my Mom's health isn't that great. We will miss the fun.
Your reunion looked like a great time and the kiddos sure look like they loved it!~

Yelena R. on August 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM said...

Oh family reunions! I love them! So many opportunities for picture taking :D

Unknown on August 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM said...

We went to ours a few weekends ago. Isn't it great to see all the special people in our lives? : ) I just love that. I went to college in the Poconos. It is so pretty up there, isn't it? : ) Love the toothless smiles!

the monkeys' mama on August 3, 2009 at 5:33 PM said...

Wow! What a wonderful family reunion and in such a gorgeous setting! I loved all your collages, too! Great entry for I Heart Faces!

Alice on August 3, 2009 at 10:02 PM said...

what a great thing to do for your kids - getting all the family together and building new relationships - incredible!

my summer photos are now posted as well. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).

Christine Medifast on August 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM said...

Oh Jenafer, it is never actually you! It's the person standing across the room doing something down right hysterical that you couldn't imagine doing, even though you do something similar later on in the night :P My family reunion is this weekend! Going to be a lot of fun, hopefully :)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.