Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friday Frugal Fixes: No Sew Window Drapes


\
It all about solving a problem and doing it cheap. Home Decor? Daily Life? Anything. If you had a problem and you solved it with a frugal fix then this is the place to share it.
A few days ago I shared my frugal fix: a repurposed wine rack-towel holder. It worked like a charm and cost me nothing to do.

Today I am sharing with you my fantastic and frugal curtains. A little back story first. We had our house built two years ago and I was confused with what to do with these large floor to ceiling windows in every room. I liked the tailored drape look from Pottery Barn but with the sheer number of windows in this house, could not afford to do it.

I found a great fabric at Walmart that was perfect style wise for my house and it cost only $7.97 per yard. I bought some muslin to line them and envisioned my new drapes.


Now may be a good time to mention though that I do not really sew---not well enough to sew drapes for my livingroom at least. So my window treatment --or window mistreatment as called by the Nester--was created using my hot glue gun: from attaching the muslin lining to hemming the hems.




In total the 4 drapes in this room cost me a little under $21 and I love them. They are perfect for this room.



What is your frugal fix this Friday? If you have a post with your fix use Mr. Linky to link up. If not use the comments to tell us about your frugal fix. Either way I am looking so forward to hearing your ideas this and every Friday!

3 comments:

MWLinMadison on July 17, 2009 at 6:16 AM said...

This couldn't have come at a better time. We are moving into our first home and we have no drapes. I am too broke to get some so this will be great.

Mrs. Random on July 22, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

You go girl! I just "hemmed" my husband's work pants with fabric patch and applique glue. It looks completely invisible....and far, far, far better than if I had attempted the hem with a needle and thread!

Michaelle on July 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

I have the exact same fabric that I use as a "topper" with beads sewn on the end to put over a very cute vintage table I have that has a less-than-perfect finish on the surface. The colors work well with everything in my room!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.