Monday, November 2, 2009

Tuesdays Unwrapped: Late Night Love


A teary eyed little boy met me in the family room last night while I was steeped in the drama that can only come from a DVR'd episode of Desperate Housewives. He was unable to fall asleep, restless and overtired.

He thought I would be upset that he was out of bed at 11:00 at night. And had I not paused for a moment to make a thoughtful decision regarding the situation, I may have been. Ah, my housewife friends would have to wait.

So I remembered to wrap him in love and served him up a warm cup of milk with a cookie. Soon after his late night lovin' he drifted off to sleep finally...only in my bed instead of his.



Check out other entries over at Chatting at the Sky

5 comments:

emily freeman on November 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM said...

so sweet. I love the lighting in this photo...and the tv and clock in the background: proof of the late hour. Great capture. Thanks for sharing this sweet moment.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days on November 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM said...

Good mothers know that everything else can wait, because childhood doesn't.

Kelli on November 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM said...

This is so precious. I want to say that I would have done the same thing, but honestly I would have rushed him back to sleep. Thanks for reminding me to savor every moment!!

My Three Girls (The A girls) on November 4, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Hey...I do not see many New York Mom bloggers...Happy that I found your blog.

Bill Medifast on November 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM said...

I experience similar events regularly. My son seems to have a major problem with sleeping at night lately, but can sleep his days away. Gets frustrating, and some times real difficult. I just keep reminding myself, well at least he's sleeping at some point. Got to love the phases kids go through.

Bill M.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.