Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving...the Syracuse Edition



This year our Thanksgiving was sure to be a bust. I had come down with shingles about 7 days before the big feast. We were to go to Long Island as we usually do to spend the holiday with my parents and my sister's family. But my sister had a baby 2 months ago and couldn't risk the exposure to the shingles virus at such a young age. (Isn't it just like a sister to mess things up? Humph! :) )

So we would stay home. I didnt have the energy since I was sick to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, and Pete had offered to do so but I was really bumming. My kids wanted to go somewhere--anywhere, and were ready to leave me home to fend for myself if that meant a big holiday somewhere.

My wonderful friend Laura, who at first mention of us staying home invited us to celebrate with her family. I guess she figured when you cook for 20, whats 4 more? She and her husband made us feel so at home yesterday, it was wonderful. It is actually one of my favorite Thanksgivings in recent memory.


John entertained us with his guitar, which Michael is so mesmerized by. He could just sit and listen all night. When I heard John playing, I went to find Michael to tell him. After looking all over for him, I found him on the floor front and center already listening.


Laura made funny faces at me in the kitchen while she cooked underfoot of 20 people.


The kids climbed trees and played like little monkeys.


It was a wonderful evening and I am so thankful for such good friends.

2 comments:

||| laura frantz ||| on November 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

It is 9:22 on Black Friday and you are blogging. Where are your priorities? I look like a Muppet in that picture, but it seems as though your camera magically erased all the dirt off of my stove, so I forgive you for posting it. And do you see that gangly 19 year-old nephew sitting next to John in the second picture? You do realize that in the course of several front yard swordfights he took down half of my garden fence, right? Because I didn't realize that until this morning. Anyway...thank you for coming over and keeping me sane. *hug*

Kelli on November 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM said...

How sweet of your friends!! I hope you are feeling much better!!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.