Friday, February 5, 2010

The Necessary Evil of Rewriting History


I can't be the only person ever to find themselves in this position....

Meagan
: Mama, how did you meet Daddy? Where were you? Tell me what happened.

Me: [long pause]... Well it happened one day in Albany where Daddy went to college. My friend went there too so I went up to visit her for the weekend. She wanted to take me around to some of her favorite bars bookstores. So at our 3rd or 4th bar bookstore, she saw her friend, Pete (Daddy). He was sitting there on a date with some girl with friends. We drank talked a lot. After many shots, Daddy and I ended up back at his apartment... to... ummm, study. Yes we were studying. And I spent the night there. And then I went back to my friends house at 8:00 to go to bed.

The next day I flew back to my college in Pennsylvania and I was surprised that Daddy called me he wanted us to get together for a playdate again real soon. This time he would come down to my house in Pennsylvania.

And so we began dating.

Meagan: Oh, what were you studying with Daddy?

Me: Ummm, Anatomy. We were studying anatomy. Yup. Anatomy and Biology.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its still a MUCH easier story to tell then mine. "well, sweetie, Daddy was my (married) boss...."
Yeah, not looking forward to that conversation.
A drunken night stouper turned fairytale sounds much more appealing to tell!

Lindsey said...

BAhahahahhahah!!!

Great Jen, really funny.

Linz

Shell on February 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM said...

Too funny!

Dh and my meeting is okay to tell my kids, but there are definitely some other things I'll leave out!

Patty C said...

lol. BAD Jen!

Anonymous said...

for sure your mother is going to put you in a TIME-OUT!!! a little late but never the less!!

neogrant on March 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM said...

Home Remedies For Acne - http://www.homeremediesforacne.biz/

Upstatemamma on March 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM said...

Oh my goodness!! That is the funniest thing EVER!!! Studying anatomy!! HA!! I love it!!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.