Thursday, February 4, 2010

Heading Down a New Path


Path in the Woods

Here I am standing at the beginning of a new path. Not sure where it will lead or what lies ahead but stepping onto the path with a bit of blind faith and lots of encouragement from friends.

I have started freelance writing, something I have always wanted to do but never had the courage to make happen. The idea of setting yourself up for rejection wasn't the most appealing thing to me. And there is a lot of rejection.

But there is also that rare instance of acceptance. And that brings an elation so great that it makes the rejection that much easier to take.

It started on New Years Eve. I have submitted to magazines before maybe once or twice. Never tracking what I did. So I was beyond amazed (and taken way by surprise) when I got a call from a magazine that they would be publishing something I wrote. It is about our whole voyage into eliminating artificial food coloring. To get even better, they will be using some of my photos as well.

A few nights later, sitting with my husband I decided to make a goal- a commitment to myself that somehow I would get 4 things published this year. Lofty as it may be, I would work hard for it.

Ironically, the very next day, EverythingMom.com signed me up to write 4 articles for them.

It seemed like this was finally happening.

A dear friend offered me all the encouragement I could get and she gave me that final push I needed to really commit to this new endeavor.

So here I am stepping onto this new path with some trepidation. Hoping it isn't going to turn into some wild haunted Halloween path but remains peaceful and pretty and full of wonderful things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

with the way you have always written, I believe it will be like going into a flurishing wonderland, like your photo. :)

||| laura frantz ||| on February 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

I LOVE YOU!!
Love,
me

Kelli on February 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM said...

You have a gift and I'm proud of your determination!! Go for it!!

Brigitta on February 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM said...

I have to agree that the way you write is really interesting and deff. something people will want to read. Glad you are going for it :)
Good luck

kjmcajun/ monogrammed gifts on February 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM said...

How exciting that you're intentions or goals are coming to fruition! Good luck as as you head down your new path.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.