Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home: The New Chicken Coop-Phase 1


We finally began construction for the chicken coop this weekend and despite having only started on Saturday afternoon, the girls moved in on Monday.

The interior of the coop is 10 feet by 6 feet by 8 feet with a 6 foot roosting pole. The two windows are floor level so they will be used as "chicken doors" once the pen is attached. The walls are double layered for added insulation and all painted and sealed to facilitate cleaning. The kids also added artwork to the walls so the chickens would have something to look at.

Here are the pictures up to this point. We will begin the landscaping and beautifying of the area this week, as well as the pen construction.





6 comments:

||| laura frantz ||| on April 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM said...

Good God, that's not a chicken coop, it's a guest house! Can I stay in there when we come up for a visit??

Anonymous said...

this is not a "coop" its a condo!!! A french door?!?! And windows?!?!
Dad would be proud (and probably want chickens again!!)

Anonymous said...

the kids can camp out in their with the chickens!!

Anonymous said...

we might need a Duck condo - I know who I am calling :)TGHS

Anonymous said...

print out a color photo of a rooster to paste on the wall and see what they do! ; )

Anonymous said...

Hey I have read what you wrote. That's a awesome article and I found the article very helpful. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article on the blog. I found that my article/blog post here which is Building a chicken coop is really on the subject let me know what you think about it?

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.