Thursday, October 11, 2007

When good breads go bad


Heres the recipe but I will warn you all, I am making a secret second batch without the kids knowing right now. The yeast in the first batch was dead I think--it didnt rise and is as heavy as a brick. So I am attempting another batch and the yeast is active in this one.....
1/3 c organic honey
1 packet dry active yeast
6 cups flour--any kind i do 4c whole wheat, 1 c rye and 1 c oat
2 cups water, divided
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground fennel seed
1 tsp ground corriander
1 tsp anise seed
2 tbs wheat germ/flax seed/oat bran to dust top if desired

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.