Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blogs, Web Design and... Paypal????


So do you know I do web design? Thats ok, I'll forgive you.
I do it freelance and love it--its kind of a qwirky hobby that I do. I was reading my Twitter and one of my former web design clients, Armory Massage was featured in a blog. In the blog, of course, is the website. And on her website is my logo. So in my fantasy world, the blog was about me and my spectacular website design.

Hmmmm....I can really twist things in my mind if I try hard enough.

Ok,but here's the reason I'm not linking to "the blog": the blogger actually has a Paypal button on his page for you to "Buy him a cup of coffee for $2" if you liked his article. It's masqueraded behind a cutesy cup of coffee on the button-distracting you from the fact that he is bumming two bucks from you. Really? Seriously? I need to know if I am kind-of-offended by this for no good reason. Am I offended by him asking me for money or because I didn't think of it? Would you pay it? Is this money IRS declared income? Does he really buy coffee with this money?

If you answer yes that you would pay it, I will be forwarding you my Paypal account information with a link titled: "If you liked my blog-help get me a massage in Vegas" however my button will skim a hefty $50 bucks from you.

3 comments:

||| laura frantz ||| on March 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM said...

So what's the difference between that and Google ads on a blog? Huh? ;)

Jenafer on March 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM said...

Transparency-- I guess. :)
At least my google ads provide a 'service' (kinda). This dude just wanted free money!

Anonymous said...

I've seen those 'leave a tip' buttons and thought, "Seriously?". While I wouldn't mind having folks put a little tad of change in my PayPal account, I can't help thinking that most of my readers would find it offensive that I would think that reading my blog was special enough to be worthy of a tip.

But maybe that's just me. ;-)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.