Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Teeth Make ALL the Difference


Last night's conversation:
Michael: hey Mom, do you smell something that smells like ass?

Me: *chokes on lemonade* Umm. No (thinks: should I reprimand him on saying ass? Where did he pick up that word?)

Michael: Are you sure because I REALLY smell something like ass.

Me: Honey- lets not use that work ok?

Michael: uh...ok (leaves the room)

So now I am sure the cats have had an accident somewhere and I begin the search. Upstairs. Downstairs. Armed with my Nature's Miracle spray to remove the offending "ass odor".

As I stomp around I am getting increasingly annoyed at his word choice. What happened to butt, poop, or hiney? How did we arrive at ASS? When did we make that quantum leap?

Michael finds me in the hall.

Michael: Hey mom, I found the smell. Its a fire outside. I love the smell of ASS--I mean fire smoke. Sorry I forgot I can't say that word.

Me: Ohhhhhhh..."ASH". ( I look at the glaring spot in his mouth where his two front teeth are missing.) Um yeah, you can say that word.

I put away the cat cleaning spray.

5 comments:

Liza Medina said...

LOL! WONDERFUL conversation! Thanks for sharing!
*HUG*
Aunt Liza

||| laura frantz ||| on September 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM said...

HA!!

Elizabeth @claritychaos on September 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM said...

laughing out loud. :)

Linz said...

hahahah!!!!

Mom4Change on September 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

ha ha ha ha!!!! That is sooo funny! Reminds me of my son when he was one and potty training. He pointed to his potty seat and said, "Look ma, poo in the potty!" I was happy that he knew just what to do.... just what I expected .....I peered into the potty and he had placed Winnie the Pooh play toy in the potty! He was right Pooh was in the potty!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I LOVE comments!

Terms of Use

All Rights Reserved. All information and pictures on this website are copyrighted. To use any pictures or information a link and credit must be provided.